You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-08 09:45:32

Mr Green
Administrator

Shutting down of forums...

It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform all our ArchBang users that forums will be shutting down. Have been building isos from around 2011, many different versions some systemd free others slimmed down. Always trying to keep things fresh and active. Forums recently have been very quiet and there are now many new kids on the block.

We have plans to keep ArchBang alive at least the systemd version for now.

Want to thank all our users for there support, donations and comments.

Special thanks goes too Artix and Archlinux32 for configs and help.

And of course to Pablokal and Oliver (where ever he maybe) for putting up with me for so long! wink

Comments, suggestions please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#2 2018-01-08 11:42:16

igorka

Re: Shutting down of forums...

Thank You for your great work!
See you by Artix...
Igor

#3 2018-01-08 13:16:57

tilt

Hi Mr Green,
thanks for all your work on ArchBang, bye bye!

Tilt

#4 2018-01-08 18:07:30

once

wet my eyes, good bye.

#5 2018-01-09 05:59:26

joji

Mr Green wrote:

It is with a heavy heart

Feel so sorry.

You did and do a excellent job. Thank you very much for providing all those isos in the past. Please do not stop ... Your isos are rock solid and for everyone the best way to install arch in a simple way.

You were also always very kind when answering sometimes rather silly questions on this forum. Thank you very much. We'll miss your comments. Is there any way we can go on communicating with each other?

I am sorry to use the past tense. Am looking forward to a future where ArchBang and you are very much present.

All the best.

Also 'dank' to Pablokal and 'thank you' to Oliver. I have only this way to show appreciation.

#6 2018-01-09 11:59:49

Mr Green
Administrator

I have never had a problem with working on ArchBang, simply a time issue. I have far less time to work on isos.....

At the moment I am exploring different options... wink

Comments, suggestions please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#7 2018-01-10 12:39:56

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Greetings to all forum members and thanks to all people who contributed to the forums and kept the AB project alive all these years..hope a blog will be a slimmed down alternative.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#8 2018-01-10 15:05:18

Mr Green
Administrator

Think a number of users are not happy about netsurf, so for less frequent builds I will switch back to Firefox. Will get something ready for Spring and at that time look at starting the AB blog.

Also will share configs again for users who wish to build there own custom version of AB.

Board footer