You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-20 22:45:00

asmodehn

Newcomer

Hello,

I have been tinkering with BSD and Linux internals for many years now, and I recently came into the Archland.

I think ArchBang is a good alternative to a more heavy manjaro. Thanks for keeping it up alive :-)

I would like to see ArchBang being easier to use and friendlier.
Especially browsing the forum was very time consuming, to realize abinstall shouldnt be there, but fast-install is now the thing, even though it sometimes doesnt work, etc.
While I am still trying to solve all my problems, I realize what was missing : A documentation for newcomers, and what to do to improve the current situation, the wiki seems pretty empty...

The parts I have been unable to figure out so far :

- I'm new what the easiest thing I can do to get ArchBang running ? ( -> guide )
- I installed ArchBang, now I want to do that awesome setup ( -> HOWTOs )
- I just figured out something that was not in the doc ( -> Howto edit a doc )
- I have been here for a while but not quite sure about this small part, where is the reference (-> Wiki)

Is this information already somewhere, but I couldn't find it ?

#2 2017-02-21 01:00:21

Mr Green
Administrator

Re: Newcomer

At the moment our wiki seems to be down, it could have given most of the information you required. Hopefully i will be able to get it fixed in the near future.

Welcome to ArchBang

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#3 2017-02-21 08:04:31

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: Newcomer

And you should realize that apart for the specific  installation process of AB, the rest is to be found on the Arch wiki;
f.i. an awesome set up see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Awesome
You are right that the installation process should be addressed clearly in the Doc

Put the information you want in the doc here on the forums and when it is a good addition, I'm sure it will be put in the Doc.
We're not like manjaro but expect people to be self-reliant to a certain level.
If you get stuck then there is the forums for specific questions.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

Board footer