You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-01 10:49:07

Mr Green
Administrator

Uefi support

Am starting to test out uefi under virtualbox, I can get ArchBang to boot live under uefi but have not yet managed to get an install of ArchBang to boot up.

Found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFgHPXBVug...

One thing to note, booting ArchBang live via Uefi under Virtualbox takes around 2mins!!!

Have a feeling that abinstall has an error in it think /boot/efi directory is wrong....

More news as it happens wink

Comments, suggestions please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#2 2016-05-02 01:56:48

Mr Green
Administrator

Re: Uefi support

Update:

Following arch wiki guide for grub (insert link), found out this

You need to run arch-chroot with bash shell.

# arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash

To get Uefi to work under Virtualbox you must move and rename grubx86.efi file

# grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot --bootloader-id=grub --boot-directory=/boot --debug
# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg # optional
# mkdir -p /boot/EFI/BOOT # create virtualbox required directories
# cp /boot/EFI/grub/grubx86.efi /boot/EFI/BOOT/bootx86.efi 

Now system boots via Uefi under virtualbox (much faster)

Need to see if I can get this to work with our installer.....

Comments, suggestions please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#3 2016-05-02 14:48:27

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Thing is I did an uefi install once without problems in a virtual machine but on a dedicated hard drive it didn't work out. So a virtual solution has to be checked for other scenarios.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#4 2016-05-03 09:11:27

Mr Green
Administrator

Must say wiki guides are confusing. Most want efi mounted to /boot/efi but systemd-boot wants efi mounted to /boot. Syslinux support is limited so feel it might be that I could drop uefi support for it in abinstall. Grub is the best bet at the moment. Manjaro must take care of mounting of esp then install bootloader. Again if I had some feedback or newer hardware then maybe I could get things working better. For now manual setup is the way to go.

Keep points being set up a 512Mb partition (EF00) with a Fat32 filesystem.

Board footer