You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-08 13:12:31

kaqqao

Gnome keyring not unlocked at login

First time after each login, when I try to connect to VPN, Gnome keyring asks me to unlock it.
I was looking for a way to enable auto-unlock with LXDM and found these instructions:

I fixed this problem by adding these following lines to /etc/pam.d/lxdm

auth            optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so
session         optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start

Weirdly enough. I had the lines already but prefixed with a - (minus sign), of whose meaning I know nothing (it's not a comment). I removed the minuses and restarted, but it had no effect.

I also followed the ArchWiki for Gnome keyring with console applications.
Should I attempt modifying /etc/pam.d/login as described for console-login? I presume not, as I have LXDM, but not sure what else to try...

For the record, NetworkManager does not ask for password to connect to WiFi, just when connecting to VPN. Also, my login password and my keyring password are the same.

Last edited by kaqqao (2015-11-08 13:14:09)

#2 2015-11-08 13:28:19

kaqqao

Re: Gnome keyring not unlocked at login

Seems like I got it working. I added the code from ArchWiki for Gnome keyring with console applications into ~/.bashrc instead of ~/.bash_profile as the Wiki said. Not sure why that has any effect on NetworkManager if it's for console apps only... Maybe because VPN connections are delegated to other applications?

Regarding the minus prefix, found the explanation here: https://www.redhat.com/archives/pam-lis … 00028.html It means: don't log to system log if this lib can not be loaded.

Last edited by kaqqao (2015-11-15 09:05:25)

Board footer