You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-06 16:39:35

Tactux

[Solved]How do I make Super + W open Google Chrome instead of Firefox?

Well I do love FF and it is my prefered WB, but sadly firefox is not loading the new dark GTK themes properly and in turn is having some issues rendering certain texts. So instead of changing the GTK theme as i love how beautiful my Openbox desktop is right now, I have installed Google Chrome from the AUR as a backup, until this issue with FF is cleared up. It is installed now, but I would rather not click through the menu to launch this software. I have tried to edit the output for Super + W in the Openbox rc.xml file located at /home/Uname/.config/openbox/rc.xml but I must not be putting in the correct name as google chrome and google-chrome seem to not be the correct name for this software. Anyone know what the proper name is so I can fix this, the name is all I need. I can fix the issue from that.

:::EDIT:::

Almost forgot the package name that I installed from the AUR with yaourt is google-chrome

Last edited by Tactux (2015-11-07 09:09:30)

Best regards --Tactux

#2 2015-11-06 17:14:25

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: [Solved]How do I make Super + W open Google Chrome instead of Firefox?

I use chromium from the repos and "chromium" as command always works.
From what I find on the Aur package page this will do: google-chrome-stable

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#3 2015-11-06 17:39:30

oliver
Administrator

This should give some hints:

pacman -Ql google-chrome | grep bin/

#4 2015-11-06 19:07:48

Tactux

Yay! Thanks Oliver, the command to run Google Chrome is google-chrome-stable. It's odd, yet makes sense as Arch users are capable of installing the  GC Beta versions directly from the AUR. So I assume that the GC beta is google-chrome-beta and any Alpha builds would be google-chrome-dev. Also Pablokal the reason I installed GC from the AUR and not Chromium from the official Arch repos is because I did some research, and now that my old PS3 had burnt out I was going to install Netflix through wine, and found that Google Chrome supports native Netflix streaming. I wonder why the open source version Chromium does not? Lol it's amazing what you find when you do some research. That's how I came across Archbang, I used to only use pure Arch Linux, but I am addicted to beta testing new Linux projects. And I have broke the Arch Kernel during stability testing for the new DE LXQt that are under development. It is important to test stability for harsh conditions. So when I went to reinstall Arch Linux a friend recommended I check out some of the Arch Based distros, and tell him what I think for him (He is moving out of the Ubuntu phase) and since I had no OS at the time, and nothing better to do I did. I really didn't like the lot of them, they feel very bloated with all the pre-installed software...or at least to us purist . I then discovered Archbang and fell in love. The Archbang installer actually does every step of the Arch Linux installation, only mildly simplified...plus I am a sucker for a minimal DE and having Openbox pre installed is nice. So I am very satisfied to have a pure arch with a simplified installation big_smile

Last edited by Tactux (2015-11-06 19:11:24)

Best regards --Tactux

Board footer