You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-09 14:53:57

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Low key continuation of the Archbang project

In our small team we have been looking at some way to still provide  regular ArchBang  isos with a minimal work load for Mr Green.

We don't know how it will turn out, but we will try to continue to share the goods. A new iso is up now.

You may expect a three monthly release and  a more  limited support from the developer.
We'll see what happens the coming weeks and months.
Check out the website regularly for what is happening (or not).
Feel free to use  the forums as much as you like and don't hesitate to take an active role by supporting new users if you want the project to continue.
Also don't stop reporting problems you encounter.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#2 2015-10-09 22:38:38

eric
Website

Re: Low key continuation of the Archbang project

may be i will say a follnishness but,

the concept of arch is a rolling release, so it is not necessary to make a iso every month if your installer (i haven't tested yet) make a fresh installation with the last version of packages. you need to make a iso only if a several change occur on the system and break the installation.

it's just my point of view smile

Obarun : free to control your system

#3 2015-10-10 02:54:44

pablokal
Administrator
Website

In the past only a new release was made when the old one gave problems. The last few years a seasonal release schedule  (4 in a year) worked very fine and prevented problems, so I hope we will be able to keep up with that scheme.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#4 2015-10-10 03:40:55

Mr Green
Administrator

@eric you are right but sometimes Arch changes upstream affect system upgrades post install. This does not happen very often but any major changes will mean I need to rebuild isos.

Will be working from time to time quietly in the background, already thinking of a better installer, updating look of desktop and changing packages.

Have saved myself a great deal of work simply by removing aur packages.

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#5 2015-10-10 04:47:43

eric
Website

@mrgreen
Will be working from time to time quietly in the background, already thinking of a better installer, updating look of desktop and changing packages.

that's a evidence for guys doing something like you (team in general i mean)

i have no idea how your contruct your iso. What is it the problem with aur?

Obarun : free to control your system

Board footer