You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-30 06:22:52

icebox

Display problems again ...

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of archbang, and followed this tutorial: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=190187 to install my video card.
But of course, no luck with that.

Here is some info about my graphic card. It's a NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, as seen in the output below.

[icebox@archbang ~]$ lspci -k | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
[icebox@archbang ~]$ lspci -k | grep NVIDIA
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK208M [GeForce GT 740M] (rev a1)

I wanted to install my graphic card right, so that I can use my GPU for programming. It would increase the speed a LOT!
Once again, followed the tutorial, and it didn't worked out, but at least my system was working. I've tried a while ago but I was always getting
into trouble, and had to reinstall everything.

All good, since yesterday. I am not sure if the problem is related to what I've did changed and installed, but yesterday I noticed
that the flash plugin was crashing almost all the time, and I had to refresh the page 3-4 times in order to get it working.
The biggest problem is that some applications like skype or virtualbox, sometimes look very very strange, and I have to restart
in order to get them working again.

Here is a screenshot with virtualbox: fWn0iTj.png looking wierd.

What I've tried to do until now, is just to change back to default the settings that I've changed following the tutorial above.
I could reinstall the OS again, but I would leave that as a last resort.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and if some other info is needed, I would be happy to post them.

Thanks in advance.

Board footer