You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-08 07:04:13

TiPo

Great Encrypted LVM install

I was looking for a light weight linux install on my old laptop, Samsung NC 20. Tried out a lot of distros, mostly in Virtual Box on my main computer. Most of them don't support encrypted LVM in an easy way.  But ArchBang really makes it easy.

With Arch it's not that difficult, but you have to configure a lot of other things, which are very time consuming.  And ArchBang does the job for you.

Still have to install ArchBang on the Samsung. I'll keep you posted but for now i really like ArchBang.

#2 2015-02-11 01:37:31

jazzi

Re: Great Encrypted LVM install

Welcome. Archbang it is light, easy and powerful enough. Good luck for your Samsung install.

#3 2015-02-18 16:05:06

TiPo

Re: Great Encrypted LVM install

Installed ArchBang on the Samsung NC20. With Grub2 the encrypted LVM install is not that flawless, you have to add GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="cryptdevice=/dev/sda#:sda#_crypt root=/dev/mapper/lvm-root modprobe.blacklist=viafb". With syslinux on virtualbox i didn't have to do that (and the blacklist is specific Samsung NC20). Strange thing was that python not was installed. Took me some time to sort that out cause in my Vb installs it was installed by default.
I'm now running tripple boot Linux on the Samsung NC20: Fedora 21, Debian Wheezy and Archbang. Archbang beats them all in performance. OK, this was my intro, rest I'll post in the proper forums/subjects.

Board footer