You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-09 09:16:10

mike4ca
Happy (Arch|Manjaro)[B,b]ang User

Call feh in SpaceFM to view images

The program feh can be used to view images as a slideshow or clickable thumbnails. I can even be used to set the wallpaper.  See the manual online here for more details.  feh is a command line tool, but SpaceFM can be configured with custom commands to make things easier.  Within SpaceFM click on the Tools menu and right click over the menu that opened and select New.  A box will open asking you to enter a new menu name.  Replace the default New_Command with something useful like Slideshow.  Click OK.  Then the Set Command Line box appears.  Enter in the box feh --scale-down %F and click OK.  Refer to the feh manual for addition options like setting the max screen size or scaling.  The %F option will allow you to pick one or more items within SpaceFM.  You can also select a folder and all images in that folder will be included in the slideshow.  If you have non-image type files or non-supported images in your selection, you may get an error.  To suppress this error, click on the Tools menu, right click on your new Slideshow command, highlight the Command submenu and unselect Popup Output.

Create another custom command to display a screen of clickable thumbnails by repeating the above but this time call the command Thumbnails and enter feh --thumbnails %F.

Be sure to read the manual.  There are a lot of settings you can play with.  There is also a feh in the Arch Linux wiki.

Free Software Foundation member 10865

#2 2013-03-09 12:17:15

mike4ca
Happy (Arch|Manjaro)[B,b]ang User

Re: Call feh in SpaceFM to view images

I suppose I should include how to use the new command.  In SpaceFM, highlight the file(s) or folder(s) you want to be in the slideshow or thumbnails, then go to the Tools menu and click on the command you created.

Free Software Foundation member 10865

Board footer