You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-06 03:26:05

Ped

Black Leather Openbox theme (includes gtk)

tZTRoMg
Visit boxlook to acquire it.

Good day everyone. Once again I ventured off into gtk land and created a theme. This time around I decided to create a darker theme and first experemented with more complex gtk engines, but the results turned out to be quite bulky.

I also didn't make the button/panel colour #000 considering that some Internet applications tend to change either the text or text-boxes back from white and black to black and white.

Then I decided to use the good old Shiki theme. I only had one problem, The dark top bar. I tried to edit it but It was chalenging considering that I haven't gone that deep into gtk theme editing yet.

So I googled Shiki-like themes and found "Ryo", a bright gtk theme made by Martin Lettner with coloured scroll-bars.

I made it darker and took the colours away to make the appearance I was aiming for. Then I implemented the openbox-theme I made for the previous dark themes.

The openbox theme was mostly inspired by the time-frame I decided to go wireless, I mean, borderless. I started to miss the boarders because it rounded of the windows and I imagine that the designers of the programs I use probably didn't have borderless window managing in mind OR mabe, dare I say it, I am used to the window$ look!

I also wanted to make glossy-Like openbox theme with a split-vertical gradient for the title. I started making the close button and I felt that the hard ending for the tips of the large button did not appeal to me. So I tried to thin tips down. That ended up looking a bit strange, but I decided to use it to my advantage and applied the same theme to the other buttons AND hooray! It looks great!

Finally I decided to thin down the scroll-bars a tiny bit,. I like their presence don't get me wrong, It just appeals to me more if its about that size.

One thing I am struggling to figure out though. How to darken the selection rectangle when clicking and dragging from an empty space within pcmanfm. At the moment Its a bit bright.

Altogether I am extremely pleased with the outcome of the theme, and I hope you will be too!
Enjoy the theme!

Last edited by Ped (2012-06-06 03:31:34)

P E Destrian of life
"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." -Bernice Johnson Reagon

#2 2012-06-06 14:13:10

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: Black Leather Openbox theme (includes gtk)

Hi Ped, Nice to hear form you again!
My compliments, I really like your theme.
I even like it enough to try it out.
Should be in the next AB release.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

Board footer