You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-20 01:21:11

krax

Zenity shutdown script with Consolekit

Somehow we are at the new stage hal deprecated and its  changes is not easy for newbies to follows.  also changing sudoers is a dirty and not safe trick So:

The need for zenity script with these feature:

@ Consolekit +dbus
@Logout
@shoutdown
@restart
@suspend { should we add resume to rc.conf daemons arry? if yes where? at the end?}
@my be cancel

is really being felt.

So if someone how is able to change the old zentiy openbox script comes forward and do the job; we are all appreciating.

Last edited by krax (2011-08-20 01:29:30)

#2 2011-12-24 15:22:38

arpinux
Website

Re: Zenity shutdown script with Consolekit

hi,
aphelion, a friend of mine, did a shutdown script using zenity with all those features. the script is used in his debian-based livecd: Aphelive with awesome as window-manager.
here is the script (fr)... just need little edit for using in openbox:

#!/bin/sh
ACTION=`zenity --width=90 --height=255 --list --radiolist --text="Selectionner une action" --title="Logout" --column "Choice" --column "Action" TRUE Eteindre FALSE Redemarrer FALSE Suspendre FALSE Hiberner FALSE Verrouiller FALSE Deconnecter`
if [ -n "${ACTION}" ];then
case $ACTION in
  Eteindre)
    dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop
    ;;
  Redemarrer)
    dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Restart
    ;;
  Verrouiller)
    xscreensaver-command -lock
    ;;
  Suspendre)
   dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend
   ;;
  Hiberner)
   dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Hibernate
   ;;
  Deconnecter)
   echo "awesome.quit()" | awesome-client
   ;;
  esac
fi

and what it looks like:
aphelive_shutdown.png
hope you could adapt it to your session smile
sources: https://github.com/Aphelion/Aphelive

#3 2011-12-25 05:59:28

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Translation and adapted for openbox:

#!/bin/sh
ACTION=`zenity --width=90 --height=255 --list --radiolist --text="Choose" --title="Logout" --column "Choice" --column "Action" TRUE Exit FALSE Reboot FALSE Suspendre FALSE Hibernate FALSE Lock FALSE Disconnect`
if [ -n "${ACTION}" ];then
case $ACTION in
  Exit)
    dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop
    ;;
  Restart)
    dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Restart
    ;;
  Lock)
    xscreensaver-command -lock
    ;;
  Suspend)
   dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend
   ;;
  Hibernate)
   dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Hibernate
   ;;
  Logout)
   echo "openbox --exit"
   ;;
  esac
fi

Not tested yet.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#4 2012-01-03 21:02:18

hymie

I've still not figured out how to use keyboard shortcuts with "zenity". Is it possible at all, as with "gxmessage"?

gxmessage "Sure you want to quit?" -center -title "== Quit Session =="\
 -default "Cancel" -buttons "_Cancel:100,_Reboot:101,_Shutdown:102"
case $? in
100)
	;;
101)
	dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Restart ;;
102)
	dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop ;;
esac

Here you might use the mouse or the Alt-c, Alt-r or Alt-s key. I'm trying more and more to switch using the keyboard shortcuts since the mouse starts causing me a tennis elbow ;-))
But in "openbox" there's "oblogout". What's wrong with that?

#5 2012-01-04 16:03:16

hymie

I think keychaining should also work in "openbox". These are the "Quit" keychains that I have in "fluxbox" now:

Mod4 Q Mod4 L 	:Exit
Mod4 Q Mod4 R	:Exec dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Restart
Mod4 Q Mod4 S	:Exec dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop

It's just holding the "Super" key and typing "ql" for "logout", "qr" for "reboot" and "qs" for "shutdown"...

Board footer