You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-05 07:34:28

ArchVortex
Retired

What do you think are priorities right now for the Wiki?

Some of you may have noticed that things are finally starting to happen in the ArchBang Wiki. I finished doing the disclaimers, privacy policy, copyright policy and About ArchBang yesterday. The default config files for quite a few things in case someone accidently deletes or messes up a file were added today. Recently, the new upgrade installation procedure was also added to the Wiki to help newcomers update their install without discouraging them away from ArchBang. I've tried to incorporate ideas and suggestions I've seen from moderators and long time users. I will continue to go through the Forum thread by thread looking for nuggets of knowledge and wisdom from users. Hopefully this weekend I will complete a "how-to" to change from wicd to networkmanager for those who prefer networkmanager or use a usb modem. I will adapt Lime's Guide and add my own experiences and workarounds.

If you have any suggestions or ideas please add them to this thread. If you have any spare time to help contribute writing, that would be greatly appreciated as well. smile

BTW, the Main Page is currently protected to prevent spammers from changing it. All other pages are watched but open for editing if you think of something that needs to be added. I've asked Dan for QuestyCaptchas for the new Forum and Wiki accounts to help us combat spam but haven't heard back fom him yet about it.

Also, if you have time or feel inclined to do so, please add your name and location to the ArchBang User List so we can see where AB users are around the world.

Have a great weekend!!

You have the capacity to learn from mistakes. You'll learn a lot today.
FP:E5F8 7DBA 8128 9ACB 75F7 7279 BE34 AB66 76D9 16DE
KEY ID:76D916DE
Currently running ArchBang / LFS / OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

#2 2011-08-05 14:04:56

puttepw

Re: What do you think are priorities right now for the Wiki?

I would love to help writing stuff. But at the moment I'm busy with a math exam that I must pass. So I will be busy until 27/8-2011. But after that I can help out with writing articles. Since I'm a noob on linux compared to all you others, I think it would be best if I write articles that isn't "to technical". So I could write stuff like (just examples) troubleshooting simple install problems, "About Archbang","Privacy police"... You get the idea. Anything you think I can handle.

I'm not afraid to do research on something that you need written, I'm always looking for stuff to do so I can learn new things..

Don't know how you guys want it but I could translate articles to swedish too, if neccisary.

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Last edited by puttepw (2011-08-05 14:16:25)

Intel Core i5-2520M 2,5 GHz - Sandy Bridge

#3 2011-08-06 13:43:40

pablokal
Administrator
Website

On my site http://stillstup.blogspot.com you will find from march 2010 solutions for problems in Arch(bang).
This is my personal wiki/memo and I regularly use this site for finding back solutions to give answers to questions here.
You might find there useful posts that you can cope/paste to the wiki. Go ahead!

Thanks for you work on the wiki. Very important to repair this weak spot in the AB offerings.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#4 2011-08-09 23:09:44

ArchVortex
Retired

puttepw,

A Swedish translation would be awesome! I can change the main page this weekend for interlanguage links. Then you could go at your own pace.

pablokal,

Excellent! Thanks for the reminder. I do use your site quite often for reference for myself.

You have the capacity to learn from mistakes. You'll learn a lot today.
FP:E5F8 7DBA 8128 9ACB 75F7 7279 BE34 AB66 76D9 16DE
KEY ID:76D916DE
Currently running ArchBang / LFS / OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

Board footer