You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-23 11:20:18

Mr Green
Administrator

Funding and the right way to ask for it

I have no problem building isos, managed to streamline process to reduce workload to a point. While I was never going to make a living from open source or off the back of the work of Archlinux developers, I do incur costs. Hosting is one (which is covered for next few months). ArchBang is built on a Sony Vaio i7 laptop with 6gb of ram and a 250Gb ssd drive. Most testing is done under virtualbox (far from ideal). Would like to try out other linux bases such as Alpine linux which ticks a lot of boxes, OpenRC, busybox, small footprint and secure.

My problem is how to ask for funding? should I look at sponsors? Look at something like Patreon? Or donations such as Paypal?

What is the correct way to go about funding?

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#2 2016-12-26 14:41:34

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: Funding and the right way to ask for it

I suggest that you try out different possibilities and try out  if one works out for this situation.
I'm afraid that most users  are not inclined to think in supporting  a project like ours, because they take our existence for granted.
I don't find that disappointing; it's jut the way things have been in the past.
It would be better to name a amount of money you're are aiming at ( say 500 $ ) and  give feedback about what you have got each month.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

Board footer