You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-03 13:10:39

Mr Green
Administrator

ArchBang Winter Release Version 2.0

Happy Holidays wink

Pleased to announce Winter Release Isos (Version 2.0)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/archbang/files/

Now includes our new installer based on aui scripts, updated packages and new theme.

Some minor changes mean that once you install you will need too set up pacman-keys and mirrorlist (your nearest server)

#subject to a working network connection run this in a terminal
sudo arch-keys
sudo nano /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Then you should be able to update and install with pacman as normal.

Am looking too purchase a raspberry zero £4 ($5 us) if you can spare that please use donations@archbang.org (any extra funds will go towards hosting and hardware)

Note minor issue crept in which has now been fixed in this release

Mr Green

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#2 2015-12-03 16:09:24

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: ArchBang Winter Release Version 2.0

Glad glitch is solved..

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#3 2015-12-03 18:14:27

oliver
Administrator

amazingly quick fix :-)

#4 2015-12-03 19:19:06

once

thanks, desktop looks very cold.

#5 2015-12-06 00:00:02

rpa248

I am facing an issue while installing. The installer lists all available partitions including my lvm on luks partitions but at the point of formatting the root partition, I get the below error:

e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)
fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/MyStorage-root
Possibly non-existent device?
mount: special device /dev/MyStorage-root does not exist

This happens for each of the partitions and the install does not go through. My setup is LVM on LUKS and I unlock the cryptvolume before launching the installer.

Thanks!

#6 2015-12-06 02:13:16

Mr Green
Administrator

Have no experience of LUKS so cannot really comment, this is one of the reasons I wish to remove partitioning and filesystems from installer. Can you setup via gparted (again never tried it). If all else fails go manaul route and mount too /mnt then run installer.

Not sure if this helps...

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm … VM_on_LUKS

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#7 2015-12-06 10:27:39

eric
Website

Mr Green wrote:

Have no experience of LUKS so cannot really comment, this is one of the reasons I wish to remove partitioning and filesystems from installer. Can you setup via gparted (again never tried it). If all else fails go manaul route and mount too /mnt then run installer.

@mrgreen
remove partitionning it's a better solution, so much trouble with this options. Keeping the arch way for this stuff is better, i think smile

Obarun : free to control your system

#8 2015-12-06 10:43:03

rpa248

Mr Green wrote:

I'll have to try this out and report back next week. Also, on my part I did not see the disclaimer that #4 i.e. Maintain current does not work with LUKS.

Just my 2 cents: I liked the old installer where I could partition manually prior to installation but could specify the mount points during the install. Also would useful to provide a config section where I can edit mkinitcpio.conf. Here i think its difficult to see when you run mkinitcpio -p linux to generate images. In such a setup I could go back and make custom edits manually. I did not see an explicit choice for such a section, so please forgive me if this feature is already in.

#9 2015-12-06 10:46:46

Mr Green
Administrator

@eric it is my intension to do that for next release.

#10 2015-12-06 15:05:48

Mr Green
Administrator

@rpa248 there are quite a few config files that could be included, I stripped quite a few of the edit options so could easily add them back in. Mkinitcpio, syslinux and grub for example.

You could use arch-chroot to edit any key files then run mkinitcpio from there, provided devices are mounted too say /mnt.

#11 2015-12-06 21:24:22

eric
Website

Mr Green wrote:

@rpa248 there are quite a few config files that could be included, I stripped quite a few of the edit options so could easily add them back in. Mkinitcpio, syslinux and grub for example.

You could use arch-chroot to edit any key files then run mkinitcpio from there, provided devices are mounted too say /mnt.

on my installer i have the possibility to launch mc (midnight commander), it's a good purpose because you can edit, move, rename, change permissions, well make what do you want on the system. So with a one prog you can change every thing on aborescence tree, or launch a another prog : for example adding a package with pacman, simply press CTRL+o under mc and you have a shell smile
Official arch install it by default, it's just an idea smile

Last edited by eric (2015-12-06 21:25:36)

Obarun : free to control your system

#12 2015-12-08 02:00:48

Mr Green
Administrator

@eric really like that idea, we already have spacefm loaded so might run with that for now... thanks wink

#13 2015-12-08 11:58:17

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Just my 2 cents: I liked the old installer where I could partition manually prior to installation but could specify the mount points during the install. Also would useful to provide a config section where I can edit mkinitcpio.conf. Here i think its difficult to see when you run mkinitcpio -p linux to generate images. In such a setup I could go back and make custom edits manually. I did not see an explicit choice for such a section, so please forgive me if this feature is already in.

Yes, that was quite user friendly.

Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn

#14 2015-12-08 13:12:45

Mr Green
Administrator

Have started to make changes to installer, you will now have to create partitions and filesystems before mounting too /mnt. During install am going to have 'Config Corner' where you can edit any of the new installation files before running mkinitcpio and adding bootloader....

This will be part of upcoming 'beta' release.

#15 2015-12-11 09:09:00

rpa248

Mr Green wrote:

Have started to make changes to installer, you will now have to create partitions and filesystems before mounting too /mnt. During install am going to have 'Config Corner' where you can edit any of the new installation files before running mkinitcpio and adding bootloader....

This will be part of upcoming 'beta' release.

Great! Thanks Mr. Green. Looking forward to that.

#16 2015-12-29 03:26:23

once

is there a way in new version, when use SSD drives, add TRIM parameter onto fstab, /tmp, swap ...etc, during installation?

#17 2015-12-29 05:26:30

Mr Green
Administrator

Might be more possible with beta release, early 2016.

#18 2016-01-13 16:53:59

pablokal
Administrator
Website

thanks, desktop looks very cold.

It looks very nice. Really fell for it.

Board footer