You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-10 09:31:24

Tactux

My High School has started using a Linux based OS.

I am currently a sophomore in High School, Yes I am a complete computer geek, as the girls say. I have used Arch Linux so long I vaguely remember my Ubuntu days (I am currently using Archbang, first time not running pure Arch. Its a blast btw big_smile) I also created a programming club among other things. This school year I have seen a new direction in the technology used by me and my peers in class. Our school has recently begun utilizing Chrome Books. Although these machines are not running a legit Linux dirstro like Ubuntu it is nice to see my other peers using a system that is powered by Linux. Even if they are not experiencing the full power of Linux, they do reap some of the benefits of using a Linux OS such as increased system speed etc. Here is a screen shot of my personalized environment on the schools Chrome books. lol I got my classwork done early so I have nothing better to do. cool

Chrome OS

Last edited by Tactux (2015-11-10 09:38:00)

Best regards --Tactux

#2 2015-11-10 13:01:36

oliver
Administrator

Re: My High School has started using a Linux based OS.

Tactux wrote:

Although these machines are not running a legit Linux dirstro like Ubuntu

I know what you're saying but they're Gentoo under the hood :-)

#3 2015-11-10 13:31:12

Mr Green
Administrator

You are quite limited to changes you can make too look of chromebook. With Linux under the hood you can change just about anything. Get Arch on it! ;-)

Comments, suggestions please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#4 2015-11-10 13:54:41

Tactux

I cannot install Arch Linux on it because it's a school owned computer. although I do have Arch installed on my own personal laptop which I bring to school, I dont own a Chromebook only a dell laptop, but it is nice to see that Linux its making its takeover one small step at a time. big_smile

Last edited by Tactux (2015-11-10 13:57:20)

Best regards --Tactux

Board footer