You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-24 17:13:43

Linuxwillrise

hello from soon to be archbang user

I've been using Linux mint for short time and its way to hands off and boring I installed mint after CrunchBang close up shop and I miss tinkering with the OS. So I'm planing to install Archbang as my main OS, I loved CrunchBang and I always wanted to get in to Arch so seems like a good place to start. so Just wanted to ask what would be some must to install and if there are any good Guides you could point me to ease me into the OS thanks

#2 2015-09-25 02:47:19

oliver
Administrator

Re: hello from soon to be archbang user

Linuxwillrise wrote:

I've been using Linux mint for short time and its way to hands off and boring I installed mint after CrunchBang close up shop and I miss tinkering with the OS. So I'm planing to install Archbang as my main OS, I loved CrunchBang and I always wanted to get in to Arch so seems like a good place to start. so Just wanted to ask what would be some must to install and if there are any good Guides you could point me to ease me into the OS thanks

One of the goals of Archbang was to have some sane defaults so you should be pretty much set... but there will always be a personal preference for the browser.  If Chromium and Firefox were both installed by default the ISO would grow much larger

One thing I would recommend is installing 'base-devel' so you can install most things from AUR (you might also need subversion/git etc for a few things)

$ sudo pacman -Su --needed base-devel

#3 2015-09-26 00:07:13

Mr Green
Administrator

Why not just add base-devel and git too ISO. Not checked but with addition of packer a user is pretty much covered for aur goodness....

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#4 2015-09-26 15:24:02

pablokal
Administrator
Website

I would be kind to newbies... but on the other hand they migh tmiss that bit of study is needed for working with Aur.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#5 2015-09-27 00:06:20

Mr Green
Administrator

Well that is true, can remove it from next rc release. It was interesting running an installer system that had packer running out of the box..

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

Board footer