You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-04 21:37:09

protopresbyter

Thank you for being here Archbang!

Hi I am in El Paso, Tx and use arch and Archbang allows me to manage family members computers (3 outside of my own including one for a son who is Mechanical Engineering student) without great labor.  I used to use other distros  butr have for 2 years only used Arch or a variant. 

Mr. Green and all please know that your time labor and energy are greatly appreciated.  This forum is very helpful, fun and supportive as well as clear in regards to the simplicity and clarity of Archbang as a distrobution rooted directly in Archlinux.   

I think personally systemd free is a ghost war.  Mac and Windows are systemd free :-)   As are the Bsd's.  Arch is not, nor most (which is not a good rationale for anything in itself) distrobutions. 

A person can and should install systemd free if they wish, or not.   The simplicity and efficiency of Linux for us (for myself)  as users is really what importance for myself and the little time for maintaining I have.

Keep up the good work!

Ben in El Paso.

#2 2015-09-05 06:26:49

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: Thank you for being here Archbang!

Thanks , Ben for your input. I disagree about that it is easy to run Arch systemd free; as the obarun  project shows.
That is and will be a lot of work and only maintainable if Eric will get a lot of support.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#3 2015-09-05 06:48:57

protopresbyter

Re: Thank you for being here Archbang!

Thanks pablokal - for all your work --- and time --- and all the resources you put into this forum and iteration of Archlinux.  You are right - any deviations from the / a norm have real consequences in peoples' lives and time and energy.   You and Mr. Green et al. have made these forums livable and "decent" by example and moderation.

Thanks for Â!
  Ben +

Board footer