You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-24 03:19:53

Mr Green
Administrator

Mid Summer updated iso

Have just uploaded a new iso too Source Forge, added features include compton, nitrogen, gmrun, theme and icon change. Still not over happy with icon set so could do with some suggestions. Dmenu is replaced with gmrun (dfmenu is still present for now) it is a little more user friendly and has similar features too dmenu, tab completion and can open a script in a terminal.

Nitrogen for those who are not familiar with it is a wallpaper setting gui. (check Arch wiki for more information)

Compton adds a little candy too the mix (If anyone has any better settings then please let me know) Fading windows and menus and a little bit of shadow too.
(
Also note that adding extra themes and icons has put weight onto iso, this is something I have always been against until I saw how beautiful Chromixium was. If I was allowed would build it onto Archlinux(tm)

Anyway hope you enjoy....

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#2 2015-06-24 04:24:43

xtremyst

Re: Mid Summer updated iso

I've found Square Beam to be a good looking icons set (more than 30.000 icons included), however it's quite big, around 44Mb. For a darker theme, I believe Faenza Wolfe is also a good set (around 15Mb), worth a try.

#3 2015-06-24 04:33:48

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Disappointed about dmenu;. I don't find gmrun similar at all.
For instance it doesn't show all the alternatives when you are typing. Sometimes that saves you when there is a capital letter in the application name for instance or when you forgot the exact app name.
I know it not a problem at all to install dmenu but I think we should provide the best there is within the openbox experience and dmenu is that for me..

I do agree chromixium looks really beautiful.but the fact is is so centered towards the Google empire makes it already hard to take...
But also the presentation and workings of the OS are  really more for computer users that like to have it as simple as user experience and as easy as possible. That is a legitimate choice but not mine. Automatic updates and all, that is not what I want.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#4 2015-06-24 04:59:57

Mr Green
Administrator

dmenu is still installed so I could simply link it too another keybind... get best of both then

Think some of the Chromix features are nice and I have added a few auto update and gui for even setting may not be high on my list of features...

Thing is not many people want to buy a really awful looking car ;-)

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#5 2015-06-25 00:52:21

Mr Green
Administrator

Have added back keybind for dmenu (updated ..conkyrc too) so user can decide which to use. Gmrun works from root menu... Still looking at themes and icons,

#6 2015-06-29 12:44:42

Mr Green
Administrator

Uploading new iso that includes a little extra gui candy this time. Have added aero snap keybinds list follows (test them see what you think)

Super+Shift+{Up,Left,Down,Right}

Let me know what you think of changes wink

#7 2015-07-01 05:07:22

Mr Green
Administrator

Now added i686 version, that will be it for this month subject too any major breakages.....

#8 2015-07-03 18:07:42

delphys

So Mr.Green;

What is that theme you used in the lastest archbang ..??

Something I can install on the earlier version, I hope ??

Thnx

#9 2015-07-03 23:40:36

Mr Green
Administrator

Theme is BlackMATE from mate-themes package, simply load with pacman and use Lxappearance to change to it. Openbox remains with carbon.

Board footer