You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-13 12:07:38

gishmel

Enjoying my minimal install

Hey guys my name is Luke Greenleaf and I have been using Linux exclusively for about 4 years now. I started off with Ubuntu and then 2 years ago made the transition to Arch by installing Antergos. I really liked Antergos but it is not working to install right now and this new laptop I got needs an OS that doesn't suck; so I had to get rid of Windows asap. I found this OS and I have to say I love the openbox look and feel. I have never used it before but now I feel like I wouldn't want to be without it. One problem I have had is with my keyboard layout, I have used sudo localectl set-x11-keymap "us" "" "workman" "" and I then get to use workman layout to type in my password at login scren. This does not persist to my session however and i know I could type the command every time at start up but I was doping for the more permanent solution. Thanks for your time and have a great day.

#2 2015-04-13 15:22:00

ncmprhnsbl
Website

Re: Enjoying my minimal install

Welcome to archbang,
re: keymap ,  have a look at  ~/.config/openbox/autostart
probly comment out the setxkbmap entry (or remove) or change to what you need...
be sure to check out the arch wiki, and browse these forum, the 'box has many features wink

Board footer