You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-07 15:11:56

doughnuts

Distro hopping #! refugee

Hello ^!ers. I have been a Linux user for about five years now. When I found out I could quit using Windows without having to spend the big bucks on a Mac, I tried Ubuntu. My computer still worked and Microsoft was fired! Woo-hoo! The more I learned the more I distro hopped. After countless variations of Debian, Slackware, Redhat based distros I was happy with Crunchbang. I was learning about config files, doing more command line work and just having a real cool time. But, as we all know it is time to move on. So now it is time to Archbang. I have never used Arch until installing it today. I hope the knowledge I gained along the way will help me understand the strange new world of Arch. See you in the forums.

#2 2015-04-08 04:15:32

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: Distro hopping #! refugee

Hi doughnuts, welcome and I hope you will find your way around pretty soon, It is all more easy that it looks when you are to to find  the right sources of information.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#3 2015-04-11 18:13:39

doughnuts

Thanks for the for nice welcome pablokal. I'm finding all the information I need to get started without too much difficulty. The FAQs, wiki, and forums are so full of helpful info that I have not had to bug any one for help yet. Having a great time playing with my new install, the possibilities are endless!

#4 2015-04-12 09:27:30

sanal ettan

I havebeen using archbang on my OLD laptop for the past 2 months .... let me tell you it was hell of a ride ...  i finaly have something i really enjoy, its like u r imagination is u r limit. Forum members will help u , if you are willing to walk the narrow path.
nothing in life comes easy ... but in the end you will be rewarded for more than u invest ....

Shout if you need Cookies..... big_smile

On Archbang
HP Compaq presario V3000

Board footer