You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-20 08:38:28

Mr Green
Administrator

Happy Holidays

Been an interesting year. My plans to reduce size of ArchBang to a light version failed, guess it was just too sparse for some. Also tried to build other init versions with a varying success. Finally threw the towel in and added gparted and network manager, Firefox too will reappear in new releases. Still have high hopes to create an runit version but removing systemd is far more difficult than I first thought. Would love too run eudev but it refuses too install as so many of Arches packages now depend on systemd, even spacefm!

Still in two minds about network configuration, Network Manager simply works buts drags in gkt3, CMST (qt system tray applet) does not like our tint2 config and again pulls in qt5-base. Am tempted to run a different panel but no idea which one yet.

Donations have been steady and am grateful for the support, am going to ease off for the next few weeks to rest and regroup.

Special thanks goes too Oliver for his never ending technical support wink and Pablokal for keeping me level headed (when I come up mad ideas!)

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.

Kev

aka Mr Green

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#2 2014-12-20 10:56:10

moravec
Website

Re: Happy Holidays

Happy holidays Mr Green, thanks to you and your team for all the hard work.

ex Distro Junkie, Archbang addict

#3 2014-12-21 17:00:58

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Thanks, Kev, for not throwing the towel in the ring and all your hard work.
Happy Holidays and the best luck to all regarding health,  loved ones and all other happiness you desire.

Btw spacefm can function without systemd; you just needs udevil.
Void linux proves it.
Regarding a different panel, I would like to get more info; what do you want from it and what is the problem with tint2?

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#4 2014-12-22 00:47:22

Mr Green
Administrator

Cmst does not like our config, stock tint2rc it works fine. I will add udevil if not already on list.

Comments, suggestions, donations please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#5 2014-12-23 18:51:50

smil3y
Website

Happy holidays everyone!

GNU/Linux does not stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things.

#6 2014-12-24 07:01:12

joji

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year as well. Hope you'll be able to realize  ...

And a sincere 'Thank you' for going on to provide us with ArchBang and Voidbang.

Board footer