You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-03 05:45:35

Mr Green
Administrator

Do not post ArchBang questions on Arch Forums

Just want to make it clear to any ArchBang users that posting anything related to ArchBang iso on Arch forums will result in your post being closed/moved or even deleted.

We do not encourage or condone anyone posting on Arch Forums if they do not disclose they are using ArchBang.

Questions relating to ArchBang should always be posted in our forums only.

As always search/read wiki (Archlinux or ArchBang) before posting.

Mr Green

Comments, suggestions please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

#2 2013-02-26 05:46:20

pablokal
Administrator
Website

Re: Do not post ArchBang questions on Arch Forums

More about this here: Asking Questions on the Arch forum
http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=440
I take a slightly different view from Mr Green about this: if you are sure your question is Arch and not Archbang related
and you just can't wait to get the answer here, who are we to forbid you to post on the Arch forums?
That being said it is useless when you mention there that you are using Archbang, so I would understand if people don't mention AB.
That is not honest and I wouldn't do it,- I have my pride- but the campaign from Arch mods at the Arch forums against AB is also not sincere.
Of course they can't assess as well as I  or we what is AB related, but I have seen many clear non-AB related issues dismissed.
The rejection of AB and its users is very excessive to my opinion and just something with which some mods can express their authoritarian attitude.

By blocking people like Handy the mods at the Arch forums will cause that Manjaro and AB users will use the Arch forums more.
When mods from affiliated distro's are not longer able to profit from the knowledge and experience of the larger user base of Arch, because their IP's are blocked, inexperienced users will ask more not well directed or documented questions at the Arch forums.

Getting your questions answered here at ArchBang Forums
Please! Always give hardware info, if there is a chance that 's relevant: #lspci -vnn
On Arch(bang) and Openbox: http://stillstup.blogspot.com/

#3 2013-02-26 05:52:23

Mr Green
Administrator

Re: Do not post ArchBang questions on Arch Forums

I did try to make post clear 'ArchBang related' most of what I have done in this regard has not really made any difference. A quick search on Archlinux forums is enough to show that. Post is more a warning nothing more. Was never going to or try stopping anyone posting there...

Comments, suggestions please feel free to contact me mrgreen(at)archbang(dot)org

Board footer